Luxembourg is a small country in Central Europe. Its neighbors are Belgium, France, and Germany. Its rural setting attracts travelers with its thick forests and beautiful natural parks in the north and its wild gorges in the east. The capital, Luxembourg City is a fortified medieval town, on a high cliff.
How much does it cost to visit Luxembourg?
If you’re visiting Luxembourg, put aside around € 65 for your daily travel costs. This amount doesn’t include accommodation costs, however. If you want to learn more about Luxembourg’s travel costs, please have a look below.
Luxembourg accommodation costs
|Hotel or hostel for one person||€ 30 – 139|
|Typical double room||€ 60 – 278|
Luxembourg food and drinks costs
|Meal in an inexpensive restaurant||€ 12 – 20|
|Meal in a mid-range restaurant||€ 25 – 40|
|Local beer (0.5 liter, draught)||€ 4 – 6|
|Water (0.33 liter, bottle)|
Tap water is safe to drink in Luxembourg, however.
|€ 1.80 – 3|
Luxembourg fares and public transport
|One-way public transportation ticket||€ 2|
|Taxi (price per kilometer)||€ 2.50 – 3.64|
|Gasoline (1 liter)||€ 1.11 – 1.30|
Luxembourg visiting costs – Top attractions in Antwerp
|24h Luxembourg Card||€ 13|
|48h Luxembourg Card||€ 20|
The Luxembourg Card offers access to more than 60 attractions.
Luxembourg travel costs sources
- Accommodation costs via Budgetyourtrip.com
- Food, drinks, and transportation costs via Numbeo.com
- Tap water safety researched separately via Google answers for each city in Belgium. Tap water seems to be safe to drink all over Belgium, though.
- Top attractions selected using TripAdvisor. Each attraction name is a link to the official website page of that attraction, if available
- Ticket costs / free access information via the official websites of the attractions. I mentioned the cost of a regular adult ticket, for permanent exhibitions. Discounts and temporary exhibition prices are available on their official websites.
- City pass information about prices and what each includes is from the official website for each travel pass. A link is available for each pass in order to easily find more information and/or to purchase a pass.
Interested in Luxembourg travel costs? Pin this!