How much does it cost to visit Malta?
If you’re a budget traveler… are you sure you want to go to Malta? Because the daily travel costs can reach € 123 when visiting Malta on a budget. And that doesn’t even include accommodation costs. Below you can dive into more detailed Malta travel costs.
Malta accommodation costs
|Hotel or hostel for one person||€ 21 – 95|
|Typical double room||€ 42 – 190|
Malta food and drinks costs
|Meal in an inexpensive restaurant||€ 10 – 20|
|Meal in a mid-range restaurant||€ 17 – 35|
|Local beer (0.5 liters, draught)||€ 2 – 4|
|Water (0.33 liter, bottle)||€ 0.50 – 1|
Malta fares and public transport
|One-way public transportation ticket||€ 2|
|Taxi (price per kilometer)||€ 1 – 3|
|Gasoline (1 liter)||€ 1.28 – 1.50|
Malta travel costs sources
- Accommodation costs via Budgetyourtrip.com
- Food, drinks, and transportation costs via Numbeo.com
- Tap water safety researched separately via Google answers for each city in Belgium. Tap water seems to be safe to drink all over Belgium, though.
- Top attractions selected using TripAdvisor. Each attraction name is a link to the official website page of that attraction, if available
- Ticket costs / free access information via the official websites of the attractions. I mentioned the cost of a regular adult ticket, for permanent exhibitions. Discounts and temporary exhibition prices are available on their official websites.
- City pass information about prices and what each includes is from the official website for each travel pass. A link is available for each pass in order to easily find more information and/or to purchase a pass.