How much does it cost to visit Cardiff?
A budget traveler going to Cardiff should expect to spend around £ 35 per day, without taking accommodation costs into account. You can find detailed Cardiff travel costs below.
Cardiff accommodation costs
|Hotel or hostel for one person||£ 25 – 157|
|Typical double room||£ 50 – 314|
Cardiff food and drinks costs
|Meal in an inexpensive restaurant||£ 8 – 12|
|Meal in a mid-range restaurant||£ 15 – 23|
|Local beer (0.5 liter, draught)||£ 3 – 4|
|Water (0.33 liter, bottle)||£ 0.50 – 1.50|
Cardiff fares and public transport
|One-way public transportation ticket||£ 2|
|Taxi (price per kilometer)||£ 1 – 3|
|Gasoline (1 liter)||£ 1.20 – 1.30|
Cardiff visiting costs – Top attractions in Cardiff
Cardiff budget travel tip
If you book your tour of the Principality Stadium online, it will cost you £ 12.50.
How much does it cost to visit Swansea?
If you’re planning to visit Swansea on a budget, you will spend around £ 35 per day. This does not include any accommodation costs, however. Check below to learn other Swansea travel costs:
Swansea accommodation costs
|Hotel or hostel for one person||£ 22 – 148|
|Typical double room||£ 45 – 297|
Swansea food and drinks costs
|Meal in an inexpensive restaurant||£ 7 – 15|
|Meal in a mid-range restaurant||£ 10 – 30|
|Local beer (0.5 liter, draught)||£ 2.50 – 4|
|Water (0.33 liter, bottle)||£ 0.50 – 1|
Swansea fares and public transport
|One-way public transportation ticket||£ 3.20|
|Taxi (price per kilometer)||£ 1 – 3.11|
|Gasoline (1 liter)||£ 1.14 – 1.33|
Swansea visiting costs – Top attractions in Swansea
Wales travel costs sources
- Accommodation costs via Budgetyourtrip.com
- Food, drinks, and transportation costs via Numbeo.com
- Tap water safety researched separately via Google answers for each city in Belgium. Tap water seems to be safe to drink all over Belgium, though.
- Top attractions selected using TripAdvisor. Each attraction name is a link to the official website page of that attraction, if available
- Ticket costs / free access information via the official websites of the attractions. I mentioned the cost of a regular adult ticket, for permanent exhibitions. Discounts and temporary exhibition prices are available on their official websites.
- City pass information about prices and what each includes is from the official website for each travel pass. A link is available for each pass in order to easily find more information and/or to purchase a pass.