In this article, you will discover detailed Andorra travel costs to better plan the budget for your upcoming holiday. But first, let me tell you a few things about this country 🙂
The Principality of Andorra is a remote, landlocked principality in south-western Europe. It is situated in the mountains of the Pyrenees, bordered by France and Spain, and is a very fascinating country to visit. Once an isolated country, Andorra, has now become a very prosperous country thanks to tourism and the tax benefits it provides to international corporations.
The name of the country, Andorra, most likely originated in the Navarrese word andurrial, which translates into a shrub-covered land. Tourism is the mainstay of Andorra’s small economy. It constitutes nearly 80% of the Gross Domestic Product. It is estimated that nine million tourists visit Andorra every year. They are drawn to Andorra’s duty-free shopping and summer and winter resorts. However, Andorra’s advantages have lately diminished as the rival economies of France and Spain have slackened, making goods more available at lower tariffs.
Agricultural production is limited because only 2% of the land is arable. This means that most food has to be imported. Livestock does exist, though, and it is mainly sheep.
Local Manufacturing consists of cigars, cigarettes, and furniture.
How much does it cost to visit Andorra?
If you’re visiting Andorra on a budget, try to spend around €56 per day. Please note that this estimated Andorra travel cost does not include accommodation for the day. If you look below you can learn more about the costs of visiting Andorra:
Andorra accommodation costs
|Hotel or hostel for one person||€ 24 – 111|
|Typical double room||€ 44 – 222|
Andorra travel costs for food and drinks
|Meal in an inexpensive restaurant||€ 8 – 12|
|Meal in a mid-range restaurant||€ 15 – 20|
|Local beer (0.5 liter, draught)||€ 1.62 – 3|
|Water (0.33 liter, bottle)|
Tap water is safe to drink in Andorra, however.
|€ 1.20 – 2|
Andorra fares and public transport
|One-way public transportation ticket||€ 1.85|
|Taxi (price per kilometer)||€ 1.14 – 1.15|
|Gasoline (1 liter)||€ 1 – 1.20|
Antdorra visiting costs – Top attractions in Andorra
|Tristaina Lake Trail||Free|
|Mirador del Roc del Quer viewpoint||Free|
|Valle de Incles||Free|
|Lagos de Tristania Trail||Free|
|Church of Sant Joan de Caselles||Free|
Planning to visit Andorra? Read this blog post for travel inspiration:
Why Andorra la Vella is worth a visit
Andorra travel costs sources
- Accommodation costs via Budgetyourtrip.com
- Food, drinks, and transportation costs via Numbeo.com
- Tap water safety researched separately via Google answers for each city.
- Top attractions selected using TripAdvisor. Each attraction name is a link to the official website page of that attraction, if available
- Ticket costs / free access information via the official websites of the attractions. I mentioned the cost of a regular adult ticket, for permanent exhibitions. Discounts and temporary exhibition prices are available on their official websites.
- City pass information about prices and what each includes is from the official website for each travel pass. A link is available for each pass in order to easily find more information and/or to purchase a pass.