Disney World can make you think of kids and family holidays. However, you should also discover Disney World for couples, which is a truly romantic experience! Actually, more than 2,500 couples choose to have their weddings at Disney World every year, while others make it a honeymoon destination. Some of them even come back year after year to mark their anniversaries and keep the romance alive.
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that at no extra cost to you, The Travel Bunny will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase. Thank you!
Romantic things to do at Disney World for couples
But even if you’re visiting Disney World with kids, you can still take some time off for you and your loved one. Disney World for couples is the most magical place to discover with your special someone.
- Enjoy a romantic evening at the Grand Floridian Spa & Health Club.
Book a luxurious spa treatment for two and spend a romantic evening in a candlelit room.
- Watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks and the Electrical Water Pageant over Bay Lake.
Do it from a hammock on the Polynesian’s beach.
- Rent a surrey in the evening At Disney’s boardwalk and enjoy the romantic atmosphere.
- Go on a horseback ride on one of the beautiful trails at Fort Wilderness.
Nature lovers can enjoy 45-minute guided tours that take you through sublime pine woods.
- Or go on a bike ride on the same trails.
Bicycles are available for rent at the Fort Wilderness Bike Shack.
- Travel around the world together in the Epcot theme park when the lights are turned on.
Before the park closes, you have plenty of time to see the world at a slow pace.
- Snuggle on the Tower of Terror while you admire the amazing view over the park.
- Take the monorail at the Magic Kingdom after dark– one of the most magical and romantic things to do in Disney World for couples!
- Go on an evening stroll anywhere in Disney World.
A particularly nice walk is from the Polynesian Resort to the Grand Floridian.
- Enjoy an ice cream sundae at Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop in Downtown Disney.
Take a yummy sundae with two spoons and watch the world go by while you enjoy this treat together.
Bonus: Where to enjoy a romantic dinner for two at Disney World
Without a candlelit dinner or two, no romantic holiday in Disney World for couples would be complete! So here are places you could enjoy dinner for two in Disney World:
- The California Grill at the top of Disney’s Contemporary Resort has the most fantastic panoramic view of the Magic Kingdom. There, you can have a romantic dinner for two at Disney World while you’re watching the fireworks. To add to the romantic atmosphere, the restaurant’s lights are dimmed and beautiful music is playing in the background.
However, it’s not just the beautiful view you can enjoy during dinner that makes this restaurant our top recommendation at Disney World for couples. The food served at the California Grill is to die for! Forget any article you may have read about Disney World having sub-standard food. Those people have probably never tried the California Grill yet. After all, even locals come to dine here and that says a lot.
- The Victoria & Albert at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa is the only Disney World restaurant with a dress code, so it’s an excellent excuse to put on your fancy clothes. This elegant and intimate restaurant is the perfect spot to enjoy dinner for two at Disney World. And, even though it’s more expensive, this restaurant serves award-winning food and it has impeccable service.
I hope these suggestions will inspire you to experience some of Disney World for couples!
Cristina Popescu is a Romanian blogger who has been traveling since 2008. She has visited 100+ countries across all the continents and accumulated firsthand knowledge about beautiful travel destinations. There is nothing she won’t try at least once in a lifetime and she wishes to encourage others to get out and see the world, too.
You too can become a guest blogger on The Travel Bunny. Just submit a free guest post.
Other travel blog articles you should read on The Travel Bunny
10 Dreamy places to visit with your partner
5 Best romantic weekend getaways in the US
Fun couples getaways: Going camping together