If you’re still wondering why travel is good for you, you might have been doing it wrong all this time! I mean, travelling is amazing and it should be on everybody’s life goals in my opinion. But hey, I’m a travel blogger, I’ve always loved to explore the world and meet people from different cultures, so I’m biased.
That’s why you shouldn’t be taking my word for it. Instead, check out the scientifically proven facts in the infographic below and learn why travel is good for you! And we’ll be taking into account both body and soul.
After that, you’ll find a transcript for anyone using an audio reader.
Reasons why travel is good for you – Infographic transcript
There are plenty of physical and emotional health benefits to packing your bags and traveling the world. Besides trying out exotic foods and learning more about different cultures, traveling can also improve your physical and mental well-being.
- 32%. The reduced risk of heart attack for men who take regular vacations.
- 21% of men are less likely to die early if they take a vacation.
- 50%. The reduced risk of heart attack for women who take regular vacations.
- Cortisol. Traveling decreases the amount of cortisol (the stress hormone) in the body and helps you avoid burnout.
- 8x. Women who only take 1 vacation every 6+ years are 8 times more likely to develop heart disease or have a heart attack, compared to those who take 2+ vacations a year.
Mind & Spirit
- 2x. Women who don’t take a vacation are twice as likely to suffer from depression.
- Creativeness. People think more creatively when problems are physically distant.
- 86% of people who travel say they have a positive outlook on life.
- 89% of people feel significant drops in stress levels after 1-2 days of traveling.
Relationships – Main benefits
- 2/3 of couples say that a weekend getaway is more romantic than gifts.
- 86% of people who travel as a couple say romance is still alive in their relationship.
- 63% of couples believe traveling helps them stay together longer.
- 53% of youths believe that vacationing brings the family closer together.
- 49% of adults admit that childhood memories of family vacations are “very vivid”.
- 78% of children who travel with their grandparents report they get to spend quality time with them.
- 80% of travelers believe the most impactful trips are those spent with family and friends.
How to go traveling
Step 1: Research
- A new place where to go
- What to do
- Haw to get there
- How much it will cost
Step 2: Save
- Create a budget
- Set aside money
Step 3: Plan
- Schedule dates
- Book flights
- Reserve accommodation
Step 4: Go!
What are you waiting for?
Sources that help you learn why travel is good for you:
Outlive your term life insurance policy: Take a world trip
How not taking vacations harms your health
How international travel is good for your mental health
Valentine’s survey finds traveling together strengthens relationships
Why travel is good for you – The frontal cortex
Destination healthy aging
Journey to healthy aging: Planning for travel in retirement
About the curator
After learning why travel is good for you, check these out
Top 50 most visited travel attractions in the world (Infographic)
3 tips to avoid paying commissions when you travel
Tips to spend smarter this travel season