How much does it cost to visit Monaco?
Monaco is expensive even when you’re trying to visit on a budget. As a budget traveler, expect to spend around € 75 per day. Please note that this doesn’t include the costs of accommodation in Monaco. For more detailed Monaco travel costs, you can look at the tables below:
Monaco accommodation costs
|Hotel or hostel for one person||€ 42 – 192|
|Typical double room||€ 84 – 383|
Monaco food and drinks costs
|Meal in an inexpensive restaurant||€ 20 – 52|
|Meal in a mid-range restaurant||€ 30 – 75|
|Local beer (0.5 liter, draught)||€ 4 – 15|
|Water (0.33 liter, bottle)||€ 2.49 – 9|
Monaco fares and public transport
|One-way public transportation ticket||€ 2|
|Taxi (price per kilometer)||€ 2 – 3.70|
|Gasoline (1 liter)||€ 1.11 – 2.69|
Monaco visiting costs – Top attractions in Monaco
French Riviera Pass
|24h French Riviera Pass||€ 26|
|48h French Riviera Pass||€ 38|
The French Riviera Pass covers not only Monaco but also other cities on the Côte d’Azur, France.
Monaco travel costs sources
- Accommodation costs via Budgetyourtrip.com
- Food, drinks, and transportation costs via Numbeo.com
- Tap water safety researched separately via Google answers for each city in Belgium. Tap water seems to be safe to drink all over Belgium, though.
- Top attractions selected using TripAdvisor. Each attraction name is a link to the official website page of that attraction, if available
- Ticket costs / free access information via the official websites of the attractions. I mentioned the cost of a regular adult ticket, for permanent exhibitions. Discounts and temporary exhibition prices are available on their official websites.
- City pass information about prices and what each includes is from the official website for each travel pass. A link is available for each pass in order to easily find more information and/or to purchase a pass.